TIM USB Transfer is an USB Digital Camera Transfer Assistant. When the option "Show thumbnails of transferred pictures" is checked, a contact-sheet of all the transferred pictures is displayed.
- Transfers pictures from digital cameras to your PC
Controls transfer quality
- Stores pictures in specific folders, with adjustable names
- Displays a contact sheet of your pictures
Can convert pictures to multiple file formats (BMP, JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop)
- Rotates, resizes and crops pictures immediately
- E-mails the best pictures to your family or friends
- If you double-click on a picture, it is opened in your favorite editing application, just like if you had clicked it in the Windows explorer.
- Pictures can be directly copied on your hard drive but can also be renamed with their creation or modification date (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS), which is very convenient as you don't need to sort them anymore.
- An option allows to create sub-directories in the destination directory which title is the day of the picture (e.f 20010819).
- - Rotations, crop and resize : cf supra. Note that for ALL file formats (including JPEG - which is very rare), rotation is "lossless", which means that image quality is not altered.
- In minimized mode, the program runs in the system tray and scans your USB port about every 5 seconds in search of new pictures. With the option "Start minimized", you can put TIM in you startup directory and work with it transparently.
- Before each transfer, TIM checks if your hard drive has enough free space, thus avoiding error messages during transfer.
- In case of JPEG conversion or re-writing (e.g crop or resize), it is possible to choose the JPEG quality.